This week we will... March 9th-13th
- Understand how to write a strong introduction to an expository essay
- Discover new vocabulary
- Strengthen fluency by reading daily with a partner
- Identify text evidence to strengthen a response
Essential question of the week:
"Why do people tell and retell myths?"
Stories of the week:
Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan and The Hero and the Minotaur
- Students should be working on their spelling packet daily. I have attached a copy of the Spelling packet...just in case.
- Students should also be reading their book for their book report nightly.
- Book report is due March 20th
Please be aware that if your student is missing any assignments, he or she will receive an orange slip with the list of missing assignments on Monday. Please look over the list, have your student complete the assignments, sign it, have your student return the slip and the completed assignments to me. Half credit will be given to any missing assignments, for up to 2 weeks from the due date. Thank you for your support and for letting me teach your wonderful children. They are truly amazing!